Links

made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Total Pageviews

If You Want To Contribute To Projects And Research, Every Little Bit Helps!! Thanks!!

Our Visitors


Followers

Topics

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers
http://www.wikio.co.uk
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 22, 2011

If You Don't Like It, Don't Look At It

                                    Stop reporting Facebook pictures. Really. 

   Yeah, I bet you thought I was going to be talking about nursing in public huh? Well, not today. Today is all about FB pics. Why? Because EVERYWHERE I turn, someones picture is getting reported. Most aren't even nursing or birth pictures either. Most are normal everyday pictures that we all have on our pages. Except it doesn't matter. Junior High antics about in the mothering blog worlds. Apparently, if you get irritated with someone because of their stance or comments, in the FB world, you don't talk to them or debate them or discuss, you report their pictures or page. That way, you hope to stall them and prevent them from spreading their word. I can guarantee though that not only does it not stop them, it mostly irritates everyone else and makes you look bad. It's a very childish road to take. Especially when you can simply "Unlike" their page and be free from them. 

     My philosophy is this...I will tolerate you and debate with you, but, I will not play petty games with you. I will simply "Unlike" your page and ban you from mine....that way, we have severed ties and no destructive behavior can exist. Perhaps if everyone can also subscribe to this philosophy we can maintain some harmony and peace in this community of women.

     Maybe today, I can get everyone to pledge to do better as women and stop pulling each other down, but, to instead try to lift one another up. It doesn't matter which side of the parenting fence you fall on, but, your attitude while on it goes a long way in getting others to hear what you have to say.

2 comments:

  1. When I had put up pics of me nursing my then newborn, I had an aunt message telling that it was inappropriate because her 13 yeard old son could see them. I messaged her back saying that he needs to see breasts being used properly instead of being sexualized by the media and it might help him support his future wife in her own nursing journey. I also told her that if she found it disturbing to remove herself from my friend list. She then did so but not before she reported my photos and I got a warning from FB. This was not only a family member, but a WOMAN too who had unresolved issues with lactating. She could have just removed herself from my list without being petty about it but this middle-aged woman was so insulted she had to be vengeful. Pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely horrible. I am so sorry you had to endure that.

    ReplyDelete